Tuesday, April 29, 2008

God be in me.

'God be in my head, and in my understanding;
God be in mine eyes, and in my looking;
God be in my mouth, and in my speaking;
God be in my heart, and in my thinking;
God be at mine end, and at my departing.'

~Sir Henry Walford-Davies

I remember hearing this song sung the first time by a choir a few years back.
They sang it beautifully...

How could any soul that has been touched by God not be moved by such an earnest plea;
and be moved to pray it every day.

For we,
Whose mind is quick to judge;
For we,
Whose eyes love to lust;
For we,
Whose mouth is quick to slander, curse and gossip;
For we,
Whose heart is prone to wander;
Whose thoughts are full of evil;
But God,
Whose Love from beginning --
Knows no end.


Hopefully, dom7th will be able to sing this piece soon too!

3 comments:

Ebenezer said...

haha ok Beat is leading the next song! aiping take note! =P

Anonymous said...

Ha it will be very long later, until I can read music notes properly...

LA di DA. said...

ahey! Until I can even begin to read musical notes, they have to become my best friend first...