Monday, June 28, 2010

How are you doing, channel?

Yesterday we sang “Channels Only, Of Your Power”.

Channels Only, Blessed Master,
But will all your wondrous pow’r.
Flowing through us, you can use us everyday and every hour.


I glanced at the English lyrics for a moment. Prior to that, I realized my brain tried to associate this song with another matter, when I was lying on my bed. (It is just strange how thoughts come about).

The Stamford Canal drainage system was blocked, causing Orchard Road to flood recently. It was quite a big HOO HA and perhaps God was trying to say something to us.

A canal exist to channel water to where it should flow to and when we talk about flow, it is continuous. So, a clogged canal will not function properly.

If we are channels of God’s power, are we clogged up, hindering the flow?
Are our hearts submissive to God, willing to do His will?

1 comment:

aiping said...

to be emptied, hollowed of our selves...