Wednesday, December 31, 2008

the olive and the grape

It's the last day of the year again. Each year seem to pass faster than the year before.

And if you were looking for the thanksgiving turkey, no, it's not here. Haha...
But here's something else for you to chew on:
Gratitude is the echo of grace as it reverberates through the hollows of the human heart. Gratitude is the unashamed acceptance of a free gift and the heartfelt declaration that we cherish what we cannot buy. Therefore gratitude glorifies the free grace of God and signifies the humility of a needy and receptive heart.
– John Piper

For the light that shines through my dark side, I thank God.
For the pain that brings healing, I thank God.
For the sorrow that brings joy, I thank God.
For the bankruptcy that brings about indescribable fullness, I thank God.

No comments: