Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Reminiscing the past...

This was what one of us wrote a year ago.

Sunday, December 2, 2007

i'm leaving for mission trip on WEDNESDAY!AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.i'm pretty nervous i must say.not because it's my first time but i'm just afraid thatin the course of spreading the gospel, my faith in Him might sway.AHHHH.anyways,before i played for the xian chang today,i was reallyreallyreally nervous & scared because-i had sweaty palms & i was afraid my fingers would slip.-i was afraid that i'll go faster & faster- i couldn't see yibin, which means i don't know when to enter after the cut.- i was afraid i would play the wrong notes.i decided to pray & leave everything in Him& HEY!i didn't feel nervous at all when i played!& i didn't make too many mistakes!:Dthis really reminded me to trust in Him & to leave all worries to him.the concert's nearing & i'm sure we'll all be scared & all but well,trust in Him for all things will go well when we have faith(:alright I'LL MISS DOM7TH WHEN I'M AWAY!BYEBYE.

Posted by mab at
10:59 PM 0 comments

Haha Mabel, I hope your faith in Him has grown and I believe it definitely has :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As I was reading the Confessions of Augustine last night before sleep, this line struck me.

'And, when thou art poured out on us, thou are
not thereby brought down ; rather, we are uplifted.'

This echoed in my head what Martyn Lloyd Jones said in 'The Cross': "Our whole notion of love is so abased, so unworthy, that we do not know what love means." Before that he wrote that the trouble we all have, even Christians, is that we do not know God. "We think in sentimental terms." You might not directly see the relevance but indeed, the more I know myself, the more I realise I do not know God. God and his holiness, God and his loveliness. The former that I know less of.

Sometimes, do we truly believe that 'I' am the 'wretched man that I am!'?


No comments: