Friday, November 16, 2007

In the buzzz of things

Yes, I've finally finished writing my paper! My CA is officially over! Now, like tucky said, it's time to be involved!! I really can't wait to do the props and get down to the full dress rehearsals. After like...5 years (!!!), the anticipation is really killing me. Haha...

Before I start getting high, let me share some stuff about the stage, the act and the heart. I've been wanting to share this 'cos it's so relevant for the concert.

Serving in church in the area of the performing arts is tricky business. Singing, playing and acting - all very showy. Sometimes I find myself sliding into the trap of doing so for personal glory rather than God's glory, for ppl's praises rather than God's approval. Sometimes I wish to draw attention to myself when it shouldn't be. The line is just so thin. If others see only us but not God's work on us, it is clear that we have fallen short of our goal.

Dominant 7th: to lead ppl back 'home' (to the tonic chord) to be in the perfect cadence with God, through our music, our songs, our service in the music ministry. The heart of worship - it's God, not us.

The stage is our altar. In the old testament, there are always elaborate preparations before a sacrifice is offered to God. What do we offer up? Do we prepare our hearts, our offerings? Therein lies the quest for perfection. Not for arts' sake, but to give our God the best that we can give. Do we prepare enough? Are we doing the best that we can?

As we get into the the BUZZ of things, let's remember not to offer substandard B-rate stuff to our God, our creator. Do everything out of reverence for God and worship the Lord in spirit and in truth!

Okay, now that I'm high on the right Spirit, I want to say something about the publicity at the CAC held at Kum Yan!

It was planned that CAC was held at Kum Yan and through Pastor Chong, we actually got to bring the news to the ppl at Kum Yan. We were intially turned down for publicity in that church but miraculously, on Wednesday, friendly Ian invited us to do publicity at the youth service!

My heart leapt for joy as I witnessed God's loving works. What are the chances? Everything was worked out. Just like this. *SNAP* Done. No human wisdom would have seen it coming. When a door shuts, another door opens. God is truly gracious!

In His time - He makes all things beautiful in His time =)

No comments: