Sunday, November 11, 2007

My URGE

I suddenly had this urge to share with you all and this urge is so strong that I had to put down my books for tonight. I was just listening to this song and I thought it had some relevance to some people in Dom7th. Here goes my first post!

Complete
by The Parachute Band

Here I am, oh God
I bring this sacrifice
My open heart
I offer up my life
I look to You, Lord
Your love that never ends
Restores me again

So I lift my eyes to You, Lord
In Your strength will I break through, Lord
Touch me now, let Your love fall down on me
I know Your love dispels all my fears
Through the storm I will hold on, Lord
And by faith I will hold on, Lord
Then I’ll see beyond the Calvary one day
And I will be complete in you


The words/phrases I will be sharing are in bold.

1. Sacrifice and restore
Physical and mental involvement in a specific tasks often mean that you will have to sacrifice. I know for sure this period will be horrible for some of you. My sister for example, had to juggle academic, work and Dom7th these few weeks, that includes spending time to blog and construct lengthy e-mails. Our everyday routines can be so energy-draining. But because of this, all the more we need to pray and spend quality time with the Lord. So remember whenever you grow weary, ask Him to restore you! Find rest in Christ alone! Jehovah Jireh – he will provide what we lack.

2. Your (=God’s) love dispels all my fears
I recalled one week when we were praying for ourselves and the concert during Dom7th practice time(not too long ago). ‘Lord, give me courage’. ‘Lord, give me confidence’.

These were the phrases I heard pertaining to publicity. There is fear of rejection. There is fear of failure. There is, of course, stage fright. Once again, hold on to God, for it is his love which dispels all our fears. May God’s love be our driving force for whatever we do too.

3. Through the storm I will hold on, Lord
I was just praying one night and I was just wondering what kind of situation you all are currently in. This paragraph is for those who are troubled by their responsibilities in their lives, especially for De Xian. During a prayer meeting, I found out that De Xian had a lot of pressure meeting the standards of his school choir and that his passion for singing (in general) is quite affected by it. From time to time, I believe he had to face the music (literally and figuratively)and endure long hours of practice. During storms like this, hold on to the Lord.

“神是避难所,是我们的力量,是我们在患难中随时的帮助!” (诗篇46:1)
No matter what happens know that we are all in good hands. God’s hands =)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fuxiing! your 1st post was soooo sweet. Man I never knew the gentle-man in you. Haha... Wonderful encouragement!